Wednesday 7 August 2013

A Guide to: Packing


Its that time of the year again - holidays! And just like everyone else I have my holidays too, but mine is to a Christian Festival for 2 weeks in England. None the less, I am super excited for my holiday even if it is in England still. But packing is still an essential and it is still a let down for me nearly every year. 
Until now when I came up with a little guide for packing a suitcase for your 2 weeks wherever you are going. 

         CLOTHES
  • Black and White vest tops 
  • Pretty floral tops 
  • T-shirts
  • A Skirt
  • A Dress 
  • A shirt or Cardigan (wear as a pull over)
  • Pairs of Jeans (wear them again and again)
  • Leggings 
  • Tights 
  • Tracksuit bottoms (Stay Fit)
  • pair of Pyjamas
  • Hoodies or Jumpers (even if you are going somewhere hot you might still need them)
  • Waterproof Coat (Again, you might need it where ever you are going)
  •  Bathing Suits (or one if you are going somewhere cooler)
          SHOES
  • Flip Flops (Rubber and Washable)
  • Sandals
  • Flats
  • Wellies (festivals and wet places only)
  • Trainers (Running and everyday) 
          TOILETRIES 
  • Shampoo and Conditioner (or my No Poo substitutes) 
  • Shower Gel
  • Tooth paste and Tooth Brush
  • Deodorant
  • Everyday Perfume 
  • Shaver and Shaving foam (2 weeks is a long time)
  • Vaseline
  • Make-Up 
  • Sun Cream (SPF 15+)
  • A Face Cream
  • Body Moisturizer 
  • Towel 
  • Flanel 
  • Face Wash

         OTHER 
  • A Belt 
  • Sunglasses 
  • scarf 
  • Great pairs of earrings 
  • Blanket 
  • Notebook and Pen
         CAMPING ESSENTIALS 
  • Sleeping Bag
  • Pillow
  • Blow Up Mattress

      THINGS I FORGET AND REALLY SHOULDN'T
  • UNDERWEAR
  • SOCKS 
  • TOOTH BRUSH

Once you have everything you will need the tricky bit of cramming it into your suit case will commence if it hasn't already. 
I always put my toiletires into a little bag and put them in first as they are quite often the heaviest. 
I start out with the bigger stuff like coats, hoodies, shoes and jeans. I roll them up as small as I can. And really tightly push them into corners. Shoes I put into a plastic bag and try to put into the top lid part of my suit case. 
Then I do the same with my tops and t-shirts. Roll them up and fit them into the other gaps. 
The last few things I put in is the underwear as it is the smallest and can fit into the smallest gaps.
 Then I go for the others, the essentials but not necessitates like the belts and earrings. 
If you are taking any jewelry, flatten them out onto a scarf and roll up. This will keep them from getting tangled up and knotty while you are traveling. 

Next Step: Travelling.

No comments:

Post a Comment