Thursday 22 May 2014

little love: hats

Hats are kinda like my things. They have been for about 3 years now. I have just always loved going into Accesorize and other shops and trying on all their hats and then getting my mum to take photos of me in them. But I never bought them, I just always loved to look at them, try them and think about all the times I would wear them. This year, I decided it was about time I actually bought one of these hats. It started in January when I order one from one of my favourite bloggers new boutique. After a few weeks it hadn't come, so I emailed her and she ordered me another one. A few more weeks past and it still hadn't come, so I emailed her again, and she gave me a refund. BUT that was not the end of the story. I then took this money and ordered another one from ASOS. This one came within week, but as my boyfriend so kindly put it, it looked like something an Orthodox Jew would wear. So my confidence was shattered and (looking back quite glady) it went back. I left it a little while and by April my craving for that came back again. So I found one that I loved on Free People in their sale for just £16. £16 for a Free People hat, this was too good. I was not going to say no. But when my order was being porcessed there was a problem with their system that rejected not just my card but my mum 2 credit cards. It clearly wasn't meant to be. But this time my faith wasn't shattered. I saw at hat in Accesorize almost exactly the same, but slightly more expensive. I saved it to my bookmarks bar on my Laptop and opened it nearly every other day to think about it. I even went in the shop and tried it on, but I still didn't buy it until it came to me choosing between a pair of white skinny jeans and the hat. The hat it was, as it went perfectly with my new ginger hair. So, I am now pleased to announce that after 3 years of wishing, dreaming, thinking and hoping, I FINALLY HAVE A HAT I LOVE. And even more than that, a hat that I can wear all year round! 

The great thing about hats is that they completely show of your style and who you really are. They go with nearly every outfit, from jeans to dresses, skirts, leggings, dresses and they can completely lift an outfit up from boring and plain to one that really stand out and brings so much character to your outfit. 
ASOS have a great selection of Fedoras and Trilby's (my favourite type of hat) 




No comments:

Post a Comment