Saturday 24 August 2013

At Home Manicure


After I got my GCSE results and a mega two week camping trip at a festival I fancied treating myself to a little cheeky manicure. But rather than getting it done professionally (which I felt was too much effort), I decided to do it myself and discovered its so easy and takes virtually no time at all with just a few steps!

  1.  Firstly you have to remove any nail varnish you may have on there already so give them a quick polish with some nail varnish remover on a cotton pad. 
  2. Soak them in a little bath of warm soapy water for a few minutes. This helps to soften the skin around the nails making Step Three easier.
  3. With a pair of nail clippers, cut of any corners of lose skin around the nail, this just makes them look neater. Then using a little wooden stick, gently push the cuticles back. The cuticles are the bit of skin at the base of the nail. Don't forget to file them either. For best results, always file from the sides into the center and gently round them off for a clean neat shape.
  4. Soak them again in some warm soapy water.
  5. Dry them off and rub some nail cream on and around the nail. 
  6. Paint them if you want. I love a good classic french manicure. If you can't paint them yourself get a friend to do them for you.
  7. LEAVE THEM ALONE. It is important you leave the nail varnish to dry for at least half hour. They may be dry on top but are still not dry underneath. You need to leave them alone to stop them from smudging. As a extra moisture boost, rub a tiny amount of baby oil into your hands. I mean a tiny amount too. Baby Oil is really good for smoothing skin and locking moisture in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment