Tuesday 10 September 2013

college

I have just finished my second day at a new college and I enjoyed myself. I think the freedom in the subjects I chose has helped me enjoy it more, because I am no longer doing subjects because I have to, but instead because I want to.
I think being back in new learning environment has helped me to rediscover my passions and my goals and what I want to do with my life.
Before I started college in the summer, I was very confused about what I want to do with my life considering every subject from beauty to film to biology. I could do almost anything I wanted and be happy with it. Every option was open and valid. I was happy and content but terribly confused.
Eventually I decided it didn't matter what subjects I took, so stuck with the options I first picked out the October before - English Language, Textiles, History and Media. Obviously after the first lesson I am making judgements about what subjects I prefer and which ones I want to continue, but I think at this stage the most important thing for me now, is that I have decided that want to continue with my goal of journalism.
I have wanted to be a journalist for as long as I can remember. I can't remember why, it just seemed so glamourous and looked like the type of life I wanted to live.
I wanted to live in New York and work for Vogue. I now realize, however, as much I would love to do all that, I only wanted to do that then, because I was running and hiding from something I felt was right but appeared to be wrong. A while ago, I realized I was right and faced it head on. Currently that is the path which I am most certain about and I have the most faith in. Whatever happens that is the course I am following. I still wish to work in journalism, but maybe one that isn't so demanding and distracting.
The path for that is still unclear, maybe University or Internships, or maybe God has another path for me I am unaware off. Until then I feel this is the road I am on and feel I need to be following. It has taken me a while, but sometimes just because we are wandering it doesn't mean we are lost...

No comments:

Post a Comment